• Our beloved Wetlands are officially closed for the time being while a giant road is built right through them, so we’ve been trying to find other trails near there. Nothing compares.
• Cody and I went for a beautiful walk at the Riverfront Saturday (and found a trail marked by deer legs…). The weather was incredible, and it is quickly becoming much more green here.
• I lost count of the yard waste bags we’ve filled after we surpassed 20. More than last year. I hope this isn’t a pattern.
• On a whim, Nathaniel noticed some scrap wood by someone’s trash on our street and made us a backyard table and a bench for grilling times. Such a handy man.
• You can already tell how much our
plot of dirt backyard has improved with the tons of rain we got over the weekend (those two wide pictures of the yard were taken a week apart!). I planted some veggies and wildflower seeds Saturday… and then woke up to snow Monday morning.
• I’m still surprised by how content Candy seems with her transplanted life in our tiny house, with two other cats and a dog. And no Dad to let her finish his bowl of cereal at night. She turned 15 recently.
I’ve got a long weekend, and I’m thinking of a day trip to Lincoln for photographing at Morrill Hall and for the bread & cup I’ve been dreaming about for months, but more realistically just an afternoon laying out at the lake.